Bathroom products contain a huge amount of plastic and it’s very common for people to overlook their carbon footprint when it comes to this particular room. From washing to beauty to personal care, your bathroom routine is sure to create an enormous amount of plastic waste. However, we don’t tend to take recycling half as seriously in the bathroom as we do in the kitchen – largely due to a lack of convenient recycling bin space.
As shoppers are increasingly becoming more environmentally aware of the products that they purchase, many companies are coming forward to call themselves sustainable. But as consumers, we have a responsibility to recognise the brands that are truly reliable when they say they’re sustainable, and those who aregreenwashing. If you want to switch to more sustainable bathroom brands, it can be intimidating at first to work out who’s really telling the truth. That’s why we’ve created our top 5 guide to the best sustainable bathroom brands to try out.
Floe’s favourite bathroom brands
- Humankind has almost everything you need from deodorant to mouthwash. By using products from Humankind for just one year, you’ll save the planet up to 5 pounds of single-use plastic waste.
- Shampoo bars from Kinkind are small but are game changers. The amount of bathroom plastic will be drastically reduced thanks to these.
- From dressing gowns to shower curtains, Madetrade has the perfect curated collection of bathroom goods for you to choose from.
- The organic, European-crafted cotton towels from Delilah Home are made of 100% organic cotton, not to mention super soft.
- Washable period pads from low-waste specialists EcoRoots are free from plastic and can be used over and over again.
Upgrade your oral care routine this Summer with Floe
At Floe, we’re committed to helping you achieve unbeatable oral care that doesn’t harm the planet. Throughout our supply chain, we strive to ensure our products are not only recyclable, but also sustainably produced. Our subscription box features:
- A brand new Curaprox brush. As toothbrushes require specialist recycling to separate it’s materials, we subscribe to a circular model, aimed at eliminating waste.
- Two tubes of scientifically formulated toothpaste: DAWN icy mint and DUSK lavender mint. Our Dawn paste helps whiten teeth while our Dusk paste fights decay.
- Natural activated charcoal floss which is made from bamboo charcoal fibres, coated with candelilla wax and organic peppermint oil.
Our packaging is fully certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), who are dedicated to the promotion of responsible forest management worldwide.
It’s everything you need in one subscription for a more sustainable bathroom and a happier, healthier smile.